The purpose of the Review is to focus attention on the problems in regard to which lawyers can make their contribution to society in their respective areas of influence and to provide them with the necessary information and data.
This edition introduces the Centre for the Independence of Judges and Lawyers (CIJL). CIJL is dedicated to ensuring that the judiciary can act independently to uphold the rule of law and human rights.
In addition, this edition features articles on:
- The CIJL
- Human rights in the world:
- -South Africa
- -New human rights committee
- -UN Sub-commission on discrimination and minorities
- -Israeli settlements in occupied areas
- -Asylum and terrorism, by Paul Weis
- -Freedom of movement from the GDR, by Heinrich Schrader
- -Conference on humanitarian law- concluded, by S. Suckow
- ICJ news
ICJ Review-19-1977-eng (full text in English, PDF)
ICJ Review-19-1977-spa (full text in Spanish, PDF)ICJ ReviewPublications