Human Rights Council: NGOs closing statement
At the closing of the 19th session of the Human Rights Council, held on 27 February to 23 March 2012, the ICJ joined a statement delivered on behalf of nine NGOs.The statement comments on key elements that will continue to influence the work of the Council, namely concerning:
- reprisals against human rights defenders;
- addressing gross and chronic human rights violations;
- the Council’s first panel discussion on ending human rights violations based on sexual orientation and gender identity;
- NGO participation in the work of the Council and its subsidiary bodies; and
- innovative approaches to the work of the Council.
joint statement-analysis brief-2012 (full text in English, PDF)AdvocacyAnalysis briefs