(CHAPTER 50), Rev. 2003 (1967)
DIVISION 2 OFFENCES
General penalty provisions.
407. (1) A person who
- does that which under this Act he is forbidden to do;
- does not do that which under this Act he is required or directed to do; or
- otherwise contravenes or fails to comply with any provision of this Act,
shall be guilty of an offence.
(2) A person who is guilty of an offence under this Act shall be liable on conviction to a penalty or punishment not exceeding the penalty or punishment expressly mentioned as the penalty or punishment for the offence, or if a penalty or punishment is not so mentioned, to a fine not exceeding $1,000.
(3) Every summons issued for an offence committed by an officer of a company or other person under this Act or any regulations may, notwithstanding anything in this Act, be served
- by delivering it to him;
- by delivering it to any adult person residing at his last known place of abode or employed at his last known place of business; or
- by forwarding it by registered post in a cover addressed to him at his last known place of abode or business or at any address furnished by him.
(4) In proving service by registered post, it shall be sufficient to prove that the registered cover containing the summons was duly addressed and posted.
408. (1) Where a default penalty is provided in any section of this Act, any person who is convicted of an offence under this Act or who has been dealt with under section 409 (4) or (5) for an offence under this Act in relation to that section shall be guilty of a further offence under this Act if the offence continues after he is so convicted or after he has been so dealt with and liable to an additional penalty for each day during which the offence so continues of not more than the amount expressed in the section as the amount of the default penalty or, if an amount is not so expressed, of not more than $200.
(2) Where any offence is committed by a person by reason of his failure to comply with any provision of this Act under which he is required or directed to do anything within a particular period, that offence, for the purposes of subsection (1), shall be deemed to continue so long as the thing so required or directed to be done by him remains undone, notwithstanding that such period has elapsed.
(3) For the purposes of any provision of this Act which provides that an officer of a company or corporation who is in default is guilty of an offence under this Act or is liable to a penalty or punishment, the phrase officer who is in default or any like phrase means any officer of the company or corporation who knowingly and wilfully
- is guilty of the offence; or
- authorises or permits the commission of the offence.
Aust. s. 380.
link to the full text of the Act: Singapore-Companies Act-1967-2006-eng