The Act contains 16 Sections and an Explanatory Statement.
The Sections are:
- Short title and commencement
- Information relating to hostage-taking offence
- Power to freeze bank account
- Power to order inspection of customer information
- Power to obtain information
- No prosecution without Public Prosecutor’s consent
- Prosecution of informers
- Offences by bodies corporate, etc.
- Power of arrest
- Assistance in criminal matters for Convention offences
- Consequential Amendment to Banking Act
- Consequential Amendment to Penal Code
- Consequential Amemdment to Road Vehicles (Special Powers) Act
Singapore-Hostage Taking Act-2010-eng (full text in English, PDF)