Article 1 – Scope
For the purposes of the present Prakas the term “reporting entities” shall apply to the following institutions and professions, which are not regulated by the National Bank of Cambodia and are referred to as “reporting entities” in the Law on Anti Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism:
- non-bank financial institutions, including securities brokerage firms and insurance companies;
- investment and pension funds, investment companies and companies for managing investment funds;
- real estate agents, buildings and land;
- post office operating payment transactions;
- lawyers, notaries, accountants, auditors, investment advisors and asset managers when they prepare for or carry out transactions for their clients concerning the activities listed in Article 2 of the present Prakas;
- casinos and other gambling institutions;
- Non-governmental organizations and foundations engaging in business activities and fund raising;
- Trust companies and other service provider companies
- Any other institution or profession that is designated by the CAFIU to fall within the scope of the Law on Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism and is not supervised by the National Bank of Cambodia.
The Prakas contains 36 Articles.
Cambodia-Prakas Anti-Money Laundering-2010-eng (full text in English, PDF)
Comments are closed.