Report of the Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights defenders, A/HRC/25/55/Add.3, 28 February 2014: Nepal
307. JUA 28/03/2013 Case no: NPL 2/2013 State reply: none to date
Alleged undue delays in registration proceedings of a non-governmental organisation, and alleged instances of harassment and arbitrary arrest on the part of the authorities against LGBT individuals.
308. JUA 13/06/2013 Case no: NPL 3/2013 State reply: none to date
Allegations of violent dispersal by law enforcement authorities of peaceful demonstrations organised by Kamlari activists in Nepal.
312. The Special Rapporteur also expresses her concern regarding reports of undue delays in the procedure to renew the registration of a NGO working to promote respect for the rights of LGBT persons. She further expresses her concern regarding arbitrary arrests, harassment, intimidation by the police and ill-treatment in detention of its members.
Link to full text of the report: Report-SRHRD-Communications and replies-2014-eng-fra-esp
Link to Special Rapporteur’s correspondence with the State:
- Correspondence-SR-Nepal-2-2013-eng (NPL 2/2013)
- Correspondence-SR-Nepal-3-2013-eng (NPL 3/2013)