The International Commission of Jurists has brought to the attention of the Human Rights Council’s Working Group on the UPR and to the Human Rights Council issues concerning:
- prevention of torture and ill-treatment and other gross human rights violations;
- impunity for gross human rights violations;
- independence of the judiciary; amendments to NGO laws;
- non-refoulement; homosexual propaganda bans; and
- Russia’s engagement with international human rights instruments and mechanisms.
Russia-ICJ comments on UPR-non-legal-submission-2012 (download the ICJ submission)AdvocacyNon-legal submissions