SECTION 3. Terrorism, How Committed. – Terrorism is committed by any person or group of persons, whether natural or juridical, through premeditated, threatened, or actual use of violence, force, coercion, intimidation, or any other means of destruction perpetrated against persons, property lies, environment or the government, with the intention of creating or sowing a state of danger, panic, fear or chaos to the general public or a segment thereof by any of the following acts:
- Causing or threatening to cause death or serious physical or mental harm to a person or group of persons;
- Depriving or threatening to deprive any person of his/her liberty;
- Assassinating or kidnapping the officials within the constitutional line, of succession, or any internationally protected person in violation of the Convention on the Protection and Punishment of Crimes Against Internationally Protected Persons, including Diplomatic Agents, and other international agreements;
- Causing or threatening to cause serious risk to the health or safety of the general public or any segment thereof;
- Causing or threatening to cause substantial damage or wanton destruction or resorting to arson on critical infrastructure or any property, public or private;
- Causing or threatening to cause serious interference with or serious disruption of an essential service, facility or system, whether public or private, other than a result of lawful advocacy, protest, dissent or stoppage of work;
- Attacking or threatening to attack the cyberspace, by destroying the actual machinery of the information and communication infrastructure, disrupting the information technology underlying the internet, government or private computer networks or systems, or committing any unlawful act against information and communication systems;
- Hijacking or threatening to hijack any kind of aircraft, electric or railroad train, passenger bus or other means of mass transportation, or public conveyance, or piracy of ship or sea vessel;
- Willfully destroying the environment including the natural resources in land, water or air, such as forests or marine and mineral resources, or intentionally causing oil or toxic spillages, or other similar acts of destruction against the environment that threatens ecological security, or natural cultural property;
- Manufacturing, processing, selling, acquiring, possessing, using, diverting, supplying or transporting chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear agents, or equipment and instruments used in their production, distribution, release or spread that would endanger directly or indirectly the safety of one or more individuals, or to cause mass destruction or great damage to property; or
- Manufacturing, selling, acquiring, supplying, disposing, using ‘ or possessing explosives, bombs, grenades, projectiles, devices or other lethal weapons, or substances or machinery used or intended to be used for the manufacture of explosives in furtherance of, or incident to, or; in connection with, an act of terrorism defined herein.
Any person who commits any act of terrorism shall suffer the penalty of life imprisonment and a fine of ten million pesos (Php 10,000,000.00): Provided, that, if an act of terrorism should result in the death of a person, or if committed with the use of uniform, paraphernalia, communication equipment, or other implements peculiar to, the armed forces or other law enforcement agencies, or if the offender is a government official or employee or has retired, resigned, dismissed or otherwise separated from the government service, the penalty of death shall be imposed.
SECTION 4. Acts that Facilitate, contribute to or Promote Terrorism.- It shall be unlawful for any person or group of persons, whether natural or juridical, to knowingly, willfully and voluntarily facilitate, contribute to or promote terrorism through any of the following acts:
- Establishing, maintaining or serving as contact or link with any person or group of persons or organizations who have pursued or are pursuing terrorism;
- Arranging or assisting in the conduct of meeting of two (2) or more persons, knowing that the meeting is to support or is in furtherance: of terrorism;
- Participating in training and providing training facilities to any person or group of persons, organizations to carry out terrorism;
- Providing or offering to provide training, skill or expertise in furtherance of terrorism;
- Recruiting in order to facilitate or commit terrorism;
- Facilitating the entry or stay in the Philippines of aliens, knowing that the aliens have pursued or are pursuing terrorism;
- Facilitating, providing, maintaining, soliciting or encouraging financial or material support for the commission of terrorism; or
- Harboring or concealing any person whom he knows or has reasonable ground to believe, to be the person who carried out any act stated in tins Section or who committed or is likely to commit any act of terrorism.
Any person who commits any of the acts stated in this Section shall suffer, the penalty of life imprisonment and a fine of ten million pesos (Php 10,000,000.00): Provided, that, if the act should result in the death of a person, or if such act was committed with the use of firearms or ammunition, or uniform, paraphernalia, communication equipment, or other implements peculiar to the armed forces or other; law enforcement agencies, or if the offender is a public officer or employee, the death penalty shall be imposed.
SECTION 14. Penalty for Officers of Juridical Persons, Alien or Public Officer. – If the offender is a corporation, association or partnership, the corresponding penalty in this Act shall be imposed upon its responsible officers, directors or trustees who knowingly permitted or failed to prevent its commission. If the offender is an alien, he or she shall, in addition to the penalties herein prescribed, be summarily deported after serving the sentence. If the offender is a public official or employee, he or she shall, in addition to the penalties prescribed herein, be barred from holding public office.
link to the complete text of the Anti-Terrorism Act: Philippines-Anti-Terrorism Act-2005-eng