An Act to provide for the detention and police supervision of persons who have been associated with activities of a criminal nature and for purposes connected with the matters aforesaid.
The Act contains the following Sections:
- Power of Minister to make orders
- Orders to be referred to an advisory committee and subject to confirmation by His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan
- Power to substitute order for police supervision
- Restrictions on person subject to supervision
- Person subject to supervision not to consort with other persons subject to supervision
- Loitering by a person subject to supervision in a public place etc.
- Taking of photographs and finger impressions
- Extension of orders
- Constitution of advisory committees
- Powers and procedure of advisory committees
- Disclosure of information
- Manner of detention and powers to order removal – 13A. Temporary release of detainees to engage in employment.
- Power to detain suspected persons.
- Power to arrest persons ordered to be detained.
- Power to enter and search – 16A. Officers of Bureau to exercise powers conferred on police officers under sections 14, 15 and 16
- Powers of Public Prosecutor
Brunei-Criminal Law Prevention and Detention Act-1984-eng (full text in English, PDF)