The International Commission of Jurists now publishes its report on “ Spain and the Rule of Law”. The interest of the Commission in Spanish developments dates back many years.
The Commission is concerned with the extent of the observation of the Rule of Law in Spain from 1936 to the present day.
The report contains an introduction and ten Chapters covering:
- Ideological and historical Foundations of the Regime
- The Single Party System
- The National Syndicalist Community
- Legislative Power
- The Powers of the Executive
- The Judiciary and the Ba r
- Civil Liberties and Political Rights
- Defence of the Regime
- The Penal Prosecution of Political Offences
The text is followed by nine Appendices.
Spain-rule of law-publications-1962-eng (full text in English, PDF)
Spain-rule of law-publications-1962-fra (full text in French, PDF)
Spain-rule of law-publications-1962-spa (full text in Spanish, PDF)PublicationsReportsThematic reports