The OHCHR, ICJ and the Geneva Bar Association invite you to a discussion on the criminalization of solidarity in migration in Europe and State’s obligations under international law.
UN Cinema (Room XIV),
Palais des Nations, Geneva
The event will feature the screening of the movie “The Valley” by Nuno Escudeiro, documenting the situation of human rights defenders and migrants in South of France, with an introductory panel and a discussion session after the movie.
The Valley is a coproduction of Point du Jour (France) and Miramonte Film (Italy), and was awarded the Emerging international filmmaker at the HOT DOCS film festival, Toronto.
- Obiora C. Okafor, UN Independent Expert on human rights and international solidarity
- Nuno Escudeiro, Director of The Valley
- Zia Oloumi, Lawyer at the Paris and Nice Bar, Doctor at Law
- Carolina Hernandez, OHCHR
- Massimo Frigo, ICJ Senior Legal Adviser
If you do not already have a grounds pass to access the Palais des Nations, please send your name and surname at email@example.com before the end of Sunday 23 June.
For more information contact massimo.frigo(a)icj.org
A flyer for the event is avaiable here.EventsNews