Frontex Consultative Forum publishes first annual report
Today the Consultative Forum on Fundamental Rights of Frontex published its first annual report.
The report intends to explain the functioning of the Consultative Forum, retrace Consultative Forum’s activities in 2013 and give a short outlook for 2014. It contains the main recommendations that the Consultative Forum made to Frontex and its Management Board in 2013 and the impact of those.
The Consultative Forum was instituted pursuant to article 26a of Frontex Regulation as revised in October 2011.
It is currently composed by:
- two European Union Agencies:
- European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA)
- European Asylum Support Office (EASO)
- four UN Agencies and Intergovernmental Organisations:
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe, Office for
- Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (OSCE / ODIHR)
- Council of Europe (CoE)
- nine Civil Society Organisations:
- Amnesty International European Institutions Office (AI EIO)
- Caritas Europa (CE)
- Churches’ Commission for Migrants in Europe (CCME)
- European Council on Refugees and Exiles (ECRE)
- International Commission of Jurists (ICJ)
- International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC)
- Jesuit Refugee Service Europe (JRS)
- Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants
- Red Cross EU Office.
The Consultative Forum has the competence to assist the Executive Director and the Management Board in fundamental rights matters.
Frontex_Consultative_Forum_AR2014 (Report in pdf)NewsWeb stories