Submission for the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) of Nepal
Today, the ICJ made a submission to the Universal Periodic Review of Nepal.
The submission brings to the attention of the members of the Human Rights Council’s Working Group issues concerning:
- The establishment of credible transitional justice mechanisms;
- The need to reform Nepali criminal law to ensure that certain serious crimes under international law are fully criminalized domestically;
- The on-going need to address the countless incidents of sexual violence committed during the armed conflict;
- The need to take steps to end impunity; and,
- The right to an effective remedy.