In a submission to the Working Group, the International Commission of Jurists has focused on the discrete issues of:
- lack of independence of the judiciary;
- impunity for gross human rights violations committed during the armed conflict;
- lack of access to justice for indigenous people and impunity for human rights violations against them;
- abolition of the death penalty; and
- Guatemala’s party status to international human rights instruments and its cooperation with the UN treaty bodies and the Council’s Special Procedures.
Guatemala-ICJ submission UPR-non-judicial submission-2012 (full text in English, PDF)
Guatemala-Comparison second cycle-advocacy-2012 (full text in English, PDF)AdvocacyNon-legal submissions