The Seminar was organised by the ICJ in collaboration with the Fiji Women’s Rights Movement.
The report contains background information on the following topics:
- The Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development
- Proposal for a Continuing Education Certificate on Women and the Law and Rights Education
- United Nations Mechanisms on Women ’s Rights
- United Nations Centre for Human Rights
- The ILO and Women Workers’ Rights
- Linking Women’s Rights to UNESCO ’s Work
as well as country reports on the following countries: Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Western Samoa.
With Conclusions and recommendations of the Seminar plus the List of participants.
Pacific-women and law-conference report-1994-eng (full text in English, PDF)ReportsSeminar and conference reports